It’s been a very long and weird year, during which it feels like we have been closed as much as we have been open. Now that the UK has a plan for reopening businesses, and with vaccines being rolled out things are starting to look more hopeful. We are planning on opening our doors to bookings on the 12th April provided nothing changes with the current Government roadmap.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Peacock Parlour, and whilst we are as excited as you no doubt are to get back to playing, we do still need to be mindful of risks, so please do read the below guidelines so we can try to keep things as safe as possible.
What we’re doing to mitigate risk
We have strict policies in place around cleaning already: in between every booking we wipe down furniture and used toys with hospital grade disinfectant, we change sheets and provide fresh towels as standard. We feel that we’re already fairly safe, but since the Covid outbreak we have been even more vigilant disinfecting everything that may get touched in a booking. We also have a fogging machine which sprays a fine mist of disinfectant over everything, to catch any little crevices we may have missed. In order to leave time for particles to settle after a booking, and allow a thorough cleaning, we have updated the booking system so it automatically leaves 3 hours between each booking.
In normal circumstances we enjoy meeting every booking who arrives, and we would return 20 minutes after a booking ends for cleaning up. However this greeting may not be possible, and people who have used the Peacock Parlour multiple times may be entrusted with a code to let themselves in. We will also leave longer after a booking ends before we come in for our own safety, so won’t see you on the way out.
What you can do
- Please wear a mask when entering the building, and keep it on if someone is in with you showing you around (you can of course remove it after we leave)
- Please wash or sanitize your hands on arrival
- Take extra care to wipe down everything you may have touched with Clinell wipes during your cleanup to leave the place as clean as possible.
- Wipe down then put any toys you have touched (even if you didn’t use them) into the black box for further cleaning
- Please do not come if you have a fever, persistent cough, or have been exposed to anyone who has Coronavirus. We will happily reschedule your booking at no extra expense.